Translate

Translate

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Save My Hair...Please? (Tigi Hair Reborn Smoothing Texture Refine Masque)

All women who religiously dye their hair every couple of weeks, are aware of the importance of deep conditioning products. They should be light enough to not strip your hair of color, yet moisturizing, in order to bring new life to your dead re-fried ends. My hair journey has come full circle, as I am back to my original colour (or as close as I can get) after experimenting with blonde, red and black hues. My poor hair could do nothing but take the damage that extreme color changes leave behind.

In order to salvage any life to my dead ends, I've always kept my eye out for hair products that promise smoothing and hydrating results to fix my overall hair texture.

Case and point : Tigi Hair Reborn (Smoothing Texture Refine Masque)


What a promising name!? The product promises "fibre nourishment for frizz-prone, stressed hair". Sounds like a dream product to salvage and bring new life to my hair during the summer months. I followed the directions : shampoo, apply to ends, wait five to ten minutes. I liked the fact that you could leave it on while in the shower as the heat would help the masque penetrate the hair fibres. Another positive was the scent....then again, most hair products smell like a bouquet of flowers!


Tigi Hair Reborn ( $40.00 )
The Reality: After following the instructions to the T, I allowed my hair to air dry so I would be able to see the results without a blowout style or by applying other products. Sad to say, I was completely let down by this product. My result were even dryer and frizzier hair than before! Besides the soft scent of purple ginger and sandalwood left behind by the product, I could not see any improvements in terms of hydration. I did apply a generous amount of the thick hair masque in the shower and I must admit, I was very positive when washing the masque off because while my hair was wet, it felt silky smooth. I was expecting "rebirth",not the hay like results that I encountered.

Conclusion: I did not see any positive results after using this product as I did not benefit from its hair renewal promises. This product is intended as a weekly treatment, so therefore I would assume that an individual with virgin, undamaged hair could benefit from this. I would not recommend this product as an intensive treatment to those with damaged or stressed hair.

Recommendation : In my experience, using products with an oil base or natural products have always had an impact on my hair. The old theory of leaving mayonnaise or eggs on your hair for a couple of hours will leave your hair feeling smooth and looking shiny. Just remember to thoroughly rinse your hair afterwards.

If you have any of your own hair renewal product or recipe tips, please feel free to share and leave a comment!

CH xx

1 comment:

  1. How do I use tigi hair reborn treatment of smoothing

    ReplyDelete